Friday, March 16, 2007

I hate too much melatonin.

Last night I went to an office happy hour. I was the last person to leave. I popped a melatonin pill just before I went to bed at 9:30, even though I knew I wouldn't have trouble going to sleep with all that alcohol in my system.

I woke up at 2 a.m. Dehydrated. I drank two huge glasses of water. I iced some cupcakes. I checked my email. I tried to go back to sleep. For an hour and a half.

So I took another melatonin pill.

Now it's 6 a.m. and I'm fighting to keep my eyes open. My schedule today is not flexible, so I'll be forced to work in a sleeping-pill haze until it wears off. Oh and it's raining and I have to carry a pan of 16 cupcakes to work. This basically means no coffee, because I can't carry a pan of cupcakes, an umbrella, and a cup of coffee all at the same time.

Screwed!

No comments: