Wednesday, March 21, 2007

I hate napping at night.

Sure, falling asleep for three hours when you get home from a hard day at work sounds great in theory. Why wouldn't you just want to sleep your problems away? It's cheaper than buying vodka, and more socially acceptable than cutting. But still, it's a horrible idea.

I woke up after the first hour at 5:44 because it was storming, and I thought, "Fuck! It's going to rain again." Because I thought it was tomorrow. Oh, JEESH! Don't you just HATE that, too? Now, you'd think that I'd say to myself, "Hey, don't fall back to sleep. One hour won't kill you, but if you fall back to sleep now you're never going to get to sleep tonight." But, because I enjoy making poor choices, I went to my room, changed out of my work clothes and into comfortable jeans, and went back to sleep. On the sofa.

Hey, at least I had enough sense to not nap in bed at six o'clock.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did the same thing last night! i very rarely nap after work anymore, because I am soclose to being on a normal schedule, but somehow I conked out in bed, in my work clothes, at 5:00 yesterday, woke at 6, and then rolled over and went back to sleep until 8, awakening in a monstrous puddle of drool.
i wonder I only drool when napping, but never during a normal sleep period?