Thursday, October 26, 2006

I hate it when people ask me stupid questions.

Since I go by my middle name, I've faced a lot of trials and tribulations throughout my life. For example, my work email address features my first initial rather than my middle, and I imagine that if anyone ever needed to email me for important reasons, they might get confused. It's these types of scenarios that keep me on edge.

I've also had to deal with having others realize for the first time that my first name is actually John. The inevitable question is asked: "What made you decide to go by Tyler?"

I DIDN'T PICK MY NAME, PEOPLE. My parents chose to call me Tyler. I was too busy discovering my hand and trying to lift my own hand to come up with what I'd like to call myself. And is it really so odd to go by your middle name? I mean, what else are you going to do with it?

No comments: