Tuesday, May 01, 2007

I hate my computer.

I hate when my laptop dies four days before my thesis is due.

The good part is that most of the paper was backed up elsewhere. The bad part is fourfold:

1) I lost three hours' worth of major edits to my introduction.
2) I had to take the day off work to redo the edits I made last night pre-death and finish up the rest.
3) I wandered around Cleveland Park at 10 p.m. last night searching for an eyeglasses kit so I could use the mini-screwdriver to open up the back of my computer, like the Dell tech folks told me too. After finding one in the last of three stores, the damn thing broke before I could get my computer open.
4) Of course, the stress of all this only magnified my sleep problems, and despite heavy melatonin consumption, I only managed about four hours of sleep.

So now I feel guilty for taking the day off, mad at my computer, frustrated with my thesis committee, overwhelmed by the massive amount of revisions I still need to do, and tired. Prime writing conditions, wouldn't you say?

No comments: