Thursday, October 19, 2006

I hate traffic.

I think I spent two-thirds of the last five hours with one fist in the air, yelling "You are the shittiest driver. Ever. I hate you. I hate you. I hate you. Goddammit. Goddammit."

I left DC to go to an appointment in Fairfax at 1:50 p.m. Middle of the afternoon! Why would there be traffic? It's a distance of 20 miles. I got to my appointment at 3:20 in the afternoon. Twenty minutes late.

Then lots of stuff happened, mostly involving my going to Wal-mart, getting utterly confused, and leaving Wal-mart without a single one of the items I was looking for. I dropped by the parents' house to pick up some fruit and an extension cord, because they had extras of both, and left Virginia at 5:15.

I got back to DC at 6:45. Now this is more understandable. It's the worst time of the day, traffic-wise, even if I am going the opposite direction from everyone else.

So let's count. That's three hours in the car. That's more time than I've spent in my car in total since I moved here two months ago. That's obscene.

No comments: